KINDS OF help
Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Subsidized Stafford Loans are need-based and don’t accrue interest through the student’s amount of time in college. Just offered to undergraduates.
- Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are non-need-based and do accrue interest throughout the student’s amount of time in school. Offered to undergraduates and students that are graduate/professional.
Federal Perkins and Nursing Loans
• For pupils demonstrating significant monetary need. These usually do not accrue interest throughout the student’s amount of time in school.
Federal Direct PLUS Loans
• accessible to moms and dads of dependent undergraduates, and/or students that are graduate. These do accrue interest throughout the student’s amount of time in college.
Federal student education loans can be found to students who will be:
- Us residents or residents that are permanent.
- Enrolled at half time that is least (6 credit hours per term) in a degree-seeking system.
To be able to get federal loans for a program or courses, this course(s) must:
- Participate a degree-seeking program that is matriculated.
- Not be audited courses.
Interest levels for Federal Loans
|Loan Type||Borrower Type||Fixed Rate Of Interest|
|Federal Direct Stafford Loan||Undergraduate Students||4.53%|
|Federal Direct Stafford Loan||Graduate/Professional Students||7.08%|
|Federal Perkins/Nursing Loan||Undergraduate Students||5.00%|
|Federal Direct PLUS Loan||moms and dads of Dependent Undergraduates and|